A simple and easy summer makeup tutorial that looks natural and effortless using clean beauty products.
If you’re like me, the last thing you want in the hot summer months is a “mask” of makeup. You know what I’m talking about: the makeup that felt perfectly normal before you walked out of the house, but now feels like thick, oppressive and suffocating? Yeah, that’s the one.
Less is more in summer. Besides, with the extra hours of sunshine, we get very sweaty (and let’s be honest, cranky AF) and we need summer to be easy. Of course, we need sun protection, but also a little ‘me but better’ look, am I right?
That’s why my daytime summer makeup routine is super simple. If it’s a fancy occasion, I go to my fancier makeup routine. To be fair, it looks a lot like my regular makeup routine, but I pare it down a LOT, and I use less product overall. The biggest difference? I swap out my regular foundation for a tinted mineral sunscreen.
This simple swap makes a world of a difference. I don’t feel like I’m wearing foundation at all. Dew Skin also helps my oily skin produce less oils. I’m not sure what magic is in it, but I’ll take it!
To make up for the lighter coverage of Dew Skin, I use a bit more concealer (especially on those acne scars). I never thought I’d swap foundation for tinted mineral sunscreen, but here we are. The more I learn about healthy living, the easier it is to break with less safe options. As a bonus, I am slowly appreciating the little flaws that make me unique.
The end result is a summer makeup look that’s no fuss, and gets you out the door in 5 minutes or less. (This is just a punch up from my regular Flawless in Five look, so if you’re a bargain shopper, check that out!)
Easy Summer Makeup Look
- Tinted Sunscreen: Beautycounter Dew Skin in No. 3
- Concealer: Beautycounter Touchup Concealer Pen in shade Medium 1
- Powder: Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder
- Bronzer: Beautycounter Radiant All Over Bronzer in Surf
- Blush: Beautycounter Satin Powder Blush in Date
- Highlighter: Beautycounter Luminous Powder Highlighter in Topaz
- Eyeshadow: Beautycounter Velvet Eyeshadow Palette in Classic: shades Suede and Sable
- Mascara: Beautycounter Volumizing Mascara
- Brow Pencil: Beautycounter Color Define Brow Pencil in Dark
- Beautycounter Lip Sheer in Currant