When was the last time you stepped outside of your comfort zone? For me, it was this plum makeup look. Bright lips? It’s the first time I’ve ever done something other than nude and loved it. Ok, maybe it’s the second time. And both of those times I’ve used lip glosses from the same lip gloss collection.
Plum is a gorgeous mulled wine color, and I truly love purple shades for my brown eyes. It’s great for any time of the year, but it really stands out in the fall. For this look, I used plum and purple shades from the Beautycounter Statement and Necessary Neutrals palettes. The Statement palette has a gorgeous purple shade called Mulberry that I absolutely love, but I decide to tone it down with the neutral Suede.
For my lips I had a hard time deciding between Black Plum and Fig from the mini lip gloss vault. Either one would have been perfect shades of plum, but the Freesia shade was calling to me! I have been dying to try the shade with a full face of makeup and this was the perfect opportunity. I was SO EXCITED and I absolutely LOVE how it looks on. I think I’m a now convert to bright lips!
As they say, makeup is a form of self-expression, so you do whatever makes you happy. Even though I strayed a bit from the original plan, I think this bright lip is perfect for any occasion. This was a true trial run for me, and now that I know I am comfortable with bright pink, I’m ready to pull the trigger on the Mini Color Intense Lipstick Vault from the Beautycounter holiday collection.
I have been drooling over it for months, particularly the bright pink shade called Front Row, too chicken to buy it because I didn’t know if I’d regret it and let the box sit on my counter. Front Row, here I come!
Glam Plum Makeup
- Primer: Beautycounter Dew Skin in shade No. 3
- Foundation: Beautycounter Tint Skin in Honey
- Concealer + Color Corrector: Clove + Hallow Conceal + Correct in shade Concealer 4
- Powder: Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder
- Bronzer: Beautycounter Radiant All Over Bronzer in Dune
- Blush: Beautycounter Satin Powder Blush in Date
- Highlight: Beautycounter First Light Highlighter in Halo
- Primer: Urban Decay Eye Potion in Original
- Eyeshadow: Beautycounter Statement Palette:
- shades: Suede (transition), Mulberry (crease and lower lash line), Cider (inner half of lid), Crown (dabbed with finger at high point of lid), Ivory (inner corner and brow bone).
- Eyeshadow: Beautycounter Necessary Neutrals Palette:
- shades: Suede (transition), Burgundy (lid), Port (outer corner).
- Mascara: Beautycounter Volumizing Mascara
- Brow Pencil: Beautycounter Color Define Eyebrow Pencil in Dark
- Beautycounter Mini Lip Gloss Vault in Freesia.
Be sure to check out the other gorgeous plum looks from these talented ladies!