A sparkly and gold smoky eye look for New Year’s Eve using Beautycounter safer cosmetics.
There’s something about New Year’s Eve that’s just so exciting. Whether we’re partying it up downtown, or we’re in our comfy pajamas at home, New Year’s Eve brings with it the promise of a new beginning. This upcoming year, I am recommitting myself to continuing my health and wellness journey.
On top of continuing on my fitness goals, I am expanding my wellness goals to not just cleaner cosmetics, but also safer household cleaning detergents, and reducing the use of plastics and non-stick cookware. They say the more you learn, the more you realize how much you still don’t know.
Did you know that talc, an ingredient commonly found in our eyeshadow palettes to make blending pigments easier, is a mineral found in close proximity to asbestos in the earth? Yes, it’s true. Does that mean I’m going to stop using eyeshadow? Um, no. But it does mean that I am a little more careful with where I buy it from.
Once I learned that mined talc can oftentimes contain carcinogenic asbestos, I hit the breaks on buying drugstore eyeshadows. Because, let’s be real: in a self-regulating beauty industry where companies charge $10 or less for eyeshadows, they likely aren’t spending money to test for carcinogenics.
This is one of the first reasons I turned to Beautycounter, a company that tests all their raw materials for heavy metals, its talc for asbestos, and excludes over 1,500 unsafe or questionable ingredients. If I’m taking care of my health with exercise and whole foods, why wouldn’t I also look at what I’m slathering on myself?
So it’s fitting, then, that I wear this glam and golden smoky eye to ring in the New Year. I wanted to create a warm, glowing smoky eye, and the Beautycounter Necessary Neutrals (currently 30% off!) and Statement palettes did not disappoint.
Glam & Gold Smoky Eye
- Primer: Beautycounter Instant Glow Illuminating Cream from the Instant Awakening Trio (on sale 30% off!)
- Foundation: Beautycounter Tint Skin in Sand and Honey
- Concealer + Color Corrector: Clove + Hallow Conceal + Correct in shade Concealer 4
- Powder: Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder
- Bronzer: Beautycounter Radiant All Over Bronzer in Dune
- Blush: Beautycounter Satin Powder Blush in Date
- Highlighter: Beautycounter First Light Highlighter in Sunkissed (on sale 40% off!)
- Primer: Urban Decay Eye Potion in Original
- Mascara: Beautycounter Volumizing Mascara
- Brow Pencil: Beautycounter Color Define Eyebrow Pencil in Dark
- Lashes: Eyelure Luxe Silk Radiant Lashes
- Lash Glue: KISS Strip Lash Adhesive with Aloe
- Beautycounter Color Intense Lipstick in Brunch
- Beautycounter Color Intense Lipstick Duo in Boardwalk (on sale 30% off!)
I loved creating this look, and am SO ready to do it again for New Year’s Eve! If you have any questions, let me know. Don’t forget, some of these items are on sale up to 60% off! Shoot me an e-mail before you order so I can help you get the most discounts possible!
Be sure to check out the other gorgeous Beauty Mix looks below!