The top 20 commuter essentials on Amazon. Perfect for those who constantly travel for work and need a little comfort away from home.
My husband works a crazy schedule. When he’s not on the road, he works in a different city during the week. It’s hard on the body and harder on the mind. He has been commuting between cities for years now, and over time we’ve nailed down what essentials make commuting life easier.
In our first husband and wife blog collaboration, we prepared a list of the 20 commuter essentials from Amazon items my husband enjoys on the road – and some for when his well-deserved weekends.
Some of the items are on the inexpensive side, but we’ve thrown in a few
Top 20 Commuter Essentials on Amazon
1. EvaPolar Personal Evaporative Air Cooler – this is the must-have for office work! Who says you have to be hot just because Nancy in accounting has the blood of a tropical parrot? Cool yourself 5-10 degrees with the EvaPolar and a bottle of water!
2. Marmot Drop Line Men’s Jacket – this is the ultimate jacket to handle a light chill. It’s classy enough to wear to a business casual meeting or perfect for a cold airplane. It has perfectly designed pockets for a wallet or cell phone!
3. Moonlight Slumber Total Support Body Pillow – cradle yourself in pure luxury. This pillow is perfect for side sleepers like my husband and even better for sitting up reading in bed. There are dozens of positions!
4. Wemo Mini Smart Plugs – these are awesome for the connected home or office. My husband uses one in the office for his personal heater and his EvaPolar. Why wait until you get to the office to set the temperature?
5. CiTree Portable Cigar Humidor & Case – perfect for taking a few cigars on the road! My husband occasionally likes to enjoy a cigar in the evening. This is the perfect portable solution. Includes cutter, holder, and cedar wood tray!
6. Bialetti La Mokina Espresso Maker – make individual espresso on any stovetop without complication! My husband likes an espresso in the morning, but he doesn’t have the patience or energy to carry an espresso maker around. This small percolator makes it possible to enjoy a single espresso in 5 minutes from anywhere! Small and portable.
7. Schott Zwiesel Iced Beverage Glass Set – perfect for an end of the week adult beverage! When my husband gets home at the end of the week, he often partakes in an adult beverage. Enjoy yours in this substantial and classy glass!
8. Ejis Sweat Proof Boxer Brief – the perfect cure for swamp a**! I know what you’re thinking. $33 for a pair of underwear!? But it’s quite a value for the benefit. My husband sweats profusely, and these underwear give him the confidence to be able to wear any pants stain and sweat free! The anti-microbial silver patches prevent odor as well.
9. Rocketbook Everlast – Reusable Smart Notebook – perfect for obsessive note takers! This notebook is my husband’s go to. You can take notes and seamlessly upload the pages to e-mail, Dropbox, etc. After, you can simply erase the page and re-use!
10. Roku Express – my husband never leaves home without it. Watch all your favorite streaming content on the road – all in a small package that easily fits in any carry-on luggage.
11. Lord’s Rocks Whiskey Set – my husband doesn’t always drink whiskey, but this is the perfect accompaniment when he does! Includes 6 freezable whiskey stones (for strong, cold drinks), and two crystal sipping glasses. Perfect for whiskey, scotch, or rum! Comes in a decorative wood box, perfect for travel.
12. Fancii Cool Mist Personal Humidifier – perfect for hotel rooms! My husband used to come home sick a lot. The lack of moist air, and the constantly running hotel fan, always dried him out. Not anymore! This personal humidifier works with most standard water bottles.
13. Uniball Impact 207 Gel Roller Pens – my husband loves to write boldly! For personal cards, letters, or business documents, be sure to show people that ink penmanship is STILL important.
14. Elegant Microwave Food Covers – my husband loves to cook and microwave! The downside is, he stinks at cleaning! With these silicone food covers, I never have to worry about spills and spatters.
15. Double Snack Serving Bowl – great for shrimp and pistachios and other snacks that require the disposal of shells or skins. My husband likes to eat his shrimp cocktail and throw the skins away. A great party piece!
17. BreatheRight Nose Strips – snorers rejoice (or, rather…the partners of snorers)! My husband snores due to obstructed nasal passages. These strips cut the snoring out fast, and he wakes rested.
18. Encore Drink Coasters – there’s nothing more annoying than picking up your cup and having the coaster stick to it! These well-designed coasters eliminate that problem. They also eliminate the rings my husband used to leave on our furniture!
19. Custom Travel Pill Case – don’t let the #19 fool you! This is my husband’s favorite item on the list. These convenient travel pill cases have 10 compartments each and fold up to the size of a small flip phone. Awesome for medications & vitamins!
20. Long Sleeve Gray Henley Shirt – perfect for a casual night out! This shirt is soft, well-made, and it fits well – even for shorter guys.
Which is your favorite?
We hope these commuter essentials help make working away from home a little easier for you!