An easy gray smoky eye look using clean beauty products that anyone can do.
I love me some smoky eye looks. In fact, you’ll find lots of smoky eye makeup looks on my Pinterest. It’s my favorite thing to pin when I can’t fall asleep. However, I haven’t found many glam looks using clean beauty, and that’s where my attention is focused on right now.
Easy Gray Smoky Eye using Clean Beauty
Every time I tell myself “keep it simple” while doing my makeup, I always end up with a smoky eye. What can I say? My husband’s right. I’m SO extra, haha.
You’ve heard me talk about the Necessary Neutrals palette for a while now. It’s not even my favorite palette (the Classic palette is) but since there are more color families in the Necessary Neutrals palette, it’s the one I reach for the most.
I tend to stick to the warm brown tones for an everyday look, but I haven’t really touched the gray column: Fog, Slate, and Smoke.
To be honest, I thought the cool-toned hues would only make sense for special occasions, but then I thought, “why can’t I rock gray on the daily?” I mean, I wear gray a lot so it only makes sense that my eyes would be dressed in gray, too, right?
Of course, the day I chose to film this I wore bright blue. Insert shrug emoji.
For this everyday look, I really wanted a subtle wash of gray. The palette made it super easy, as I used the three colors in the gray column, with Suede as the transition color. Instead of Suede, I could have used loose setting powder on my lids, so use whatever you have on hand.
My smoky eye look is intentionally a wash of color. To dial up the intensity, you can always spray your makeup brushes with a setting spray or a rosewater mist. Since I wanted an everyday look, I made sure to blend the colors out really well.
Be sure to watch the video for a step-by-step tutorial on how to achieve this look!
Clean Beauty Makeup Products Used
- Primer: Beautycounter Instant Glow Illuminating Cream from the Instant Awakening Trio
- Foundation: Beautycounter Tint Skin in Sand
- Concealer + Color Corrector: Clove + Hallow Conceal + Correct in shade Concealer 4
- Powder: Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder
- Bronzer: Beautycounter Radiant All Over Bronzer in Dune
- Blush: Beautycounter Satin Powder Blush in Date
- Highlighter: Beautycounter Luminous Highlighter in Halo
- Eyeshadow: Beautycounter Necessary Neutrals: see
- Mascara: Beautycounter Volumizing Mascara
- Brow Pencil: Beautycounter Color Define Eyebrow Pencil in Dark
- Beautycounter Color Intense Lipstick in Boardwalk
If you end up recreating this look, please tag me on social media @lalalisetteblog !
Let me know what other makeup looks you’d like to see using clean beauty products in the comments belo!