A cleaner, safer beauty approach to the mauve eye look.
Happy November! The last two months of the year are always my favorite months. Cooler weather, warm + cozy activities, spending time with loved ones, and moodier makeup and outfits. I love that the cooler temperatures means I can layer on darker makeup looks without it melting off in the heat of summer!
I’m happy to collaborate with some very talented ladies to bring you this Beauty Mix of the classic fall color, mauve. I’ve always found mauve to be a tricky shade to incorporate with my yellow undertone, but the trick to making any cool shade work for golden undertones is to add warmth. I created this mauve eye look using a mix of cool and warm shades from the new, limited edition Beautycounter Necessary Neutrals palette (read more about it here).
Mauve Eye Using the Beautycounter Necessary Neutrals Palette
- Primer: Beautycounter Dew Skin No. 3
- Foundation: Beautycounter Tint Skin in Honey
- Concealer + Color Corrector: Clove + Hallow Conceal + Correct in shade Concealer 4
- Concealer: Beautycounter Touchup Skin Concealer Pen in Medium 1
- Powder: Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder
- Bronzer: Beautycounter Radiant All Over Bronzer in Dune
- Blush: MAC Powder Blush in Loverush (similar)
- Highlight: Beautycounter First Light Highlighter in Halo
- Primer: Urban Decay Eye Potion in Original
- Cream Eyeshadow Base: Beautycounter Stardust Eyeshadow Cream in Cosmos
- Eyeshadow: Beautycounter Necessary Neutrals Palette shades: Blush (transition), Haze (crease and lower lid), and Brandy (outer V and lash line) for warmth.
- Eyeliner: Beautycounter Precision Liquid Eyeliner
- Lashes: Ardell Faux Mink Eyelashes 812
- Mascara: Beautycounter Volumizing Mascara
- Brow Pencil: Beautycounter Color Define Eyebrow Pencil in Dark
- Lipstick: Beautycounter Sheer Lipstick in Lily
- Lipgloss: Beautycounter Mini Lip Gloss Vault in Magnolia Shimmer
Shop the Look
Below are the products I used to create my mauve makeup look. Thanks to my Beautycounter stash, over 90% of the ingredients in today’s look are safe. I am still new to the safer beauty world and have lots to learn, but I am happy to know I’ve eliminated most hormone disruptors from my personal care products. Want to learn more? Send me an e-mail. I’d love to chat!
More information on my dress here.
Beauty Mix Bloggers
Be sure to check out the other Beauty Mix mauve makeup looks: