I have been making this delicious recipe for about a year now. I adapted it from the one included in my Zumba DVDs’ recipe book.
My husband was surprised that it was low in calories but rich in taste.
- 2lbs chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch powder dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 cup cooked brown rice, or whole wheat pasta
- Heat coconut oil in a saute pan over medium-low heat. (You can use canola oil instead).
- Sprinkle garlic powder and some soy sauce over chicken. Cook chicken, turning to brown on all sides, until cooked through, about 6-7 minutes. Add the broccoli.
- While the chicken and broccoli cooks, combine soy sauce, honey, ginger, sesame oil and sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Add the soy sauce mixture into the pan with the chicken and broccoli and toss to coat.
- Add the cornstarch and water mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Place your cooked brown rice (or pasta) on a plate and top it with the chicken and broccoli mixture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 701Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 193mgSodium: 1941mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 8gSugar: 13gProtein: 82g