Something very exciting is happening tomorrow! IKEA is opening its fourth store in Florida, right here in Jacksonville! For almost two years now we have (im)patiently waited for its opening! Previously, our only choices were driving to Orlando, Tampa or Miami. I love IKEA, but all of those distances were a little out of reach. Today I am giving you a sneak peak of the IKEA Jacksonville grand opening!
This post has been a long time coming! By the time you read this you may have already seen people lined up outside IKEA in anticipation of the grand opening. That may or may not have to do with the awesome prizes being given away to the first few people standing in line, including 46 couches! (details below)
I was fortunate enough to snag a spot in the preview given to the press last Thursday. Unfortunately for me, I missed the amazing breakfast offering, due the Dames Point Bridge shutting down at the last minute, but I heard they were delicious! I was able to grab a latte from their restaurant (or a cappuccino!). It was delicious! (P.S. With your IKEA Family card you get free coffee in the store!)
The IKEA restaurant is gorgeous. It was one of the very first things I saw when I walked in the side entrance. Nothing about this restaurant gives any indication that it is inside a store. It is spacious, brightly-lit, organized and inviting. I can’t wait to shop at IKEA!
I have shopped at several IKEA stores in my life and I always leave with a wishlist of things I want for the home. However, I can truly say that this is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL IKEA store I have ever set foot in. Don’t take my word for it. Let the pictures speak for themselves.
There are several little “neighborhoods” within the store, which are styled rooms comprised of IKEA furniture and décor. I could not stop gasping at how beautifully decorated these rooms were. The thought and artistry behind them are breathtaking. I took pictures of almost all of them but only my very favorites made this post.
The company is dedicated to creating better everyday life by providing well designed furnishings at affordable price. The IKEA Jacksonville store roof has solar panel (hello sunshine!) installed to fulfill its commitment to use renewable energy. The IKEA Jacksonville grand opening is 8th of November (tomorrow!) at 9 am but the entertainment starts at 6 am. The restaurant opens 30 minutes before the store, and serves $2.00 breakfast. People have been lining up since 6th November as they have exciting prices and gifts during the week. Here are the details on what IKEA is giving away to celebrate their newest store:
IKEA Jacksonville Grand Opening Prizes
Wednesday, November 8, 2017
- Rest Assured – The first 46 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a free EKTORP three-seat sofa, honoring our 46th U.S. store.
- Take a Seat (And We Mean Take It!) –The next 100 adults (18 & older) will receive a free POÄNG armchair.
- For the (Truly) Young at Heart – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a free FAMNIG heart-shaped soft toy.
- Pick a Card, Any Card – The first 2,500 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a random prize envelope with IKEA Gift Cards ranging from $10 to $250, or a “Buy One, Get One Free” cinnamon bun, hotdog or soft-serve frozen yogurt voucher.
- Happy Birthday to You and Us – The first 100 adults (18 & older) bringing proof to IKEA Jacksonville that their birthday is the same as the store’s will receive a gift card for $46, a tie-in corresponding to IKEA Jacksonville as the 46th U.S. IKEA store. Offer valid only on Nov. 8.
Thursday, November 9, 2017
- Sleep Like Royalty – The first 46 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a free queen-sized HAUGESUND mattress.
- Cozy Comfort – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a free ALINA “sleep set” that includes bedspread and cushion covers.
- Kids’ Best Friend – The first 100 children (17 & younger) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a free GOSIG golden dog soft toy.
Friday, November 10, 2017
- Cook Like a Pro – The first 46 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a free 4-piece SENSUELL cookware set.
- Meatballs for a Year – The next 100 adults (18 & older) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a voucher for 12 monthly meatball meals for two at IKEA Jacksonville’s Restaurant through next year, expiring on November 30, 2018.
- A Cold Sweet-ish Treat – The first 100 children (17 & under) in IKEA Jacksonville will receive a voucher for a soft-serve frozen yogurt available that day at IKEA Jacksonville’s Exit Bistro.
Saturday, November 11, 2017
- A Meal on Us- As a thank you for your service, veterans can enjoy a complimentary entree in the IKEA Restaurant by showing a form of military ID (active/reserve/retired).
Wednesday, November 8 – Sunday, November 12, 2017
- Play Big If You’re Little – Balloon artists, entertainment and face-painting will enhance the family-friendly fun at IKEA Jacksonville from November 8 through November 12, 2017.
- Enter Our Home, Enter to Win – From November 8 through November 12, 2017, visitors to IKEA Jacksonville may enter for a chance to win one of twenty $250 IKEA Gift Cards through the IKEA FAMILY loyalty program.
The kitchens in IKEA were the rooms that truly took my breath away. This grey and white one was my favorite (naturally). My husband and I have talked about replacing our countertops with quartz ones, and I think I may have fallen in love with these!
There are so many countertops to choose from! How does one pick? You can also hold up hardware (shown below) to the different cabinet doors to see how the finished product will look like. Don’t be surprised to find me there daydreaming away!
IKEA Organization Systems
IKEA has amazing closet systems for every budget. In college, I bought two sets of closets that are still at my parents’ house today. You cannot beat the price and it provided so much storage. My parents basically held my closets hostage when I moved out (kidding…ish). Tackling our master closet for storage is one of my goals for next year.
IKEA Kids Rooms
The kid section is going to be a HUGE hit opening week! From train sets, to books, colorful abacuses and plush toys…this place has it all. Even better, IKEA offers free in-store babysitting services while you shop (at least 30 minutes). Take advantage of this when you go!
I love, love, love all the greenery available at IKEA. Green plants, whether real or faux, add much needed texture and life to a room. I have one little faux plant from IKEA in my living room bookshelves and I love what it does to tie in all the decor. I love the hanging plants in the IKEA kitchens and plan to incorporate some in our kitchen as well.
The above ALGOT configuration can be used for a closet, garage or pantry. I wish IKEA had been here when my husband and I attempted garage organization with pegboards. Those things are heavy, cumbersome, and you need at least two people to set up. Of all the IKEA organization systems, the ALGOT is one of the more versatile and affordable ones. I foresee several ALGOT systems in our house next year! (Hint: master closet). I love that they have computers that help you design your closets right there!
IKEA Swedish Market
The Swedish market is one of the cutest little shops ever!
Of course, what’s the IKEA shopping experience without the famous cinnamon buns?
As you can tell, I am super excited about this IKEA Jacksonville grand opening tomorrow! I can’t wait to formally shop in the store!