Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links that may compensate me for sharing them. All opinions are my own.
Do you coupon? I wish I could. I usually end up spending more using coupons than if I had not used any. I’ve heard of Ibotta before but never really paid it any mind. Boy, I wish I had before.
Ibotta isn’t a coupon service. But, you will get money back. Yes. BACK! No gimmicks. No lies.
When I heard about this, I’ll be honest. I didn’t believe it for a minute. I downloaded the app onto my phone, and logged in using Facebook. (One less password to remember!) The app uses your ZIP code to see what offers are active in your area.
I saw that I could get back $1.50 on TRESemme Split Remedy Shampoo, and up to $1.75 on Liquid-Plumr Double Impact Snake + Gel. (I clog the bathtub on the reg, and I needed one stat).
I tapped the items, and answered (really easy) one-question trivia, and watched 15-second videos for each item and earned the full amount. Did you know Diet Coke is called Coke Light outside the U.S.? I didn’t either!
After I purchased the items, I tapped ‘redeem,’ in the lower right-hand corner of the Ibotta Product Gallery. Then, after selecting the store I went to buy the items, I tapped ‘upload receipt,’ and positioned the receipt inside the guidelines of the app’s camera lens. Then, I simply used the app and my iPhone’s camera to scan the bar code of the product.
Literally, within 20-30 minutes, I received an e-mail notifying me that I earned $3.25 by buying those two items.
How easy is that?
Here are some other things you’ll need to know about Ibotta:
- You cannot use it to redeem money back for multiples of the product. It is only valid for one (1) item at a time.
- Once you redeem that item, another product by the same company usually replaces it. There’s a chance that the original product may reappear again, but it hasn’t happened to me yet.
- You need a minimum $5 of earnings before you can transfer those buckaroos over into your PayPal account.
- For every friend you refer, Ibotta will pay you $1. Yes. For every referral, you will get a $1 greenback into your Ibotta account, which you can in turn dump into your PayPal account. As soon as the person registers, downloads the app, and signs in, you get an e-mail with the successful referral’s name for easy tracking.
- You can use this on both Android and iOS systems. For iPod and iPad2, you won’t need to scan the bar code of the product.
What are you waiting for? Download Ibotta today!