Do you search for ideas on Pinterest? I do. All. The. Time. It’s actually my favorite way to fall asleep at night. Despite all I’ve read on how bad screen time is before sleep, it’s just a habit I can’t break. From my Home Décor Tips board, to my Crafts & DIY board to my Recipes board, there’s never a shortage of ideas to flick through.
All the crockpotting I’ve been doing lately has inspired me to step outside my comfort zone in the kitchen a bit more. How? There’s almost no dish that gets made in our house that doesn’t involve garlic. (Our friends know how much we LOVE garlic!). Tomatoes, green peppers and onions are frequently in our foods, too. Sofrito is common in both Caribbean and Italian cooking, hence why many of our foods have those ingredients.
But I was ready for something different. Something easy without sacrificing flavor. And OMG did I find what I was looking for!
Did you know that Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® can be used for more than just ranch dressing and dip? If you didn’t, then you’re not alone. I’m a bit embarrassed to admit it, but I honestly didn’t know until a week ago. When I saw Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® recipes I was a little hesitant. I’m not big on ranch dressing. I don’t even use it to dip hot chicken wings. Maybe it’s because I associate it with mayonnaise, but I never have it.
When I asked my husband about Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix for food, I was surprised to learn he’s had it. And, passing the true test of this foodie, he liked it. He told me he’s had it on potatoes before. That piqued my interest. Maybe I can try it on chicken or pork?
That’s I have to say. O.M.G. The flavors were incredible! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever season meat with a ranch seasoning. Yum!
I ended up going with pork loin chops and I tweaked the original Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Pork Chops recipe. I could not stop raving about this to my in-laws, who now insist on trying this when they visit for the holidays. I can’t wait to make it for them. I paired it with Hidden Valley’s Original Ranch Roasted Potatoes recipe. Divine. I expect to make this many, many times this winter.
- 2 packets (2 oz) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 6 pork loin rib chops about 1-inch thick
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- In a small bowl, add the Seasoning mix, together with the salt, pepper, and paprika and mix well. Liberally sprinkle the porkchops on both sides with the seasoning mixture.
- Arrange the chops on a baking sheet or try with a rack.
- Bake the pork chops for 20 minutes, turning once until browned or an internal temperature of 160ºF is reached. Serve immediately.
This string bean recipe was inspired by Mr. La La Lisette’ culinary skills. While I didn’t add the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Seasoning Mix to this, it was good. Next time I definitely plan on adding it to the greens. This is a great way to encourage little ones to eat their veggies!
- 1lb string beans, washed and drained
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and dry string beans. Arrange on baking sheet.
- Season with salt, garlic butter and black pepper (optional).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
Whether it be playing board games, watching a movie, or simply enjoying each other’s company, use your time wisely. Don’t waste those precious moments stressing out about what to make for dinner. Hidden Valley It!
Available at most major grocery stores, Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® can make comforting foods (and make veggies yummy for the little ones) that allow you to continue making memories with your family. Fewer ingredients to worry about make meal planning easy. And we all need ‘easy’ in our lives, am I right?
How will you make meal-planning easier? (Hint: Pin these recipes!)
Tell me in the comments and you’ll be entered to win $100!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/23/2015 – 12/30/2015