If you’re a blogger who participates in doing product reviews or accepting paid articles on your blog, the FTC guidelines for blogger disclosures is a must-read.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC for short) updated its dot com disclosures article this year, and it has tons of important information for advertisers (this mean us, bloggers!). This applies to all of us, “big” and “small” alike. I am a blogger–period, and the FTC won’t discriminate against the size of my blog if I am breaking its guidelines on consumer protection.
|click to enlarge|
- Proximate to the information so the consumer does not have to hunt for it
- Of at least the same size as the message
- In the same format as the message
- Accessible on all platforms used
- Understandable by the consumer